March 14, 2017
Rep. Vito Barbieri didn’t want to talk about his plan to change Idaho’s public records law to shield most state lawmakers’ communications from public disclosure.
Ironically, it took a public records request for the Dalton Gardens Republican’s email messages to find out what he was thinking when he proposed this legislation.
From the Coeur d’Alene Press
January 10, 2017
Portions of a transcript from a secretly recorded meeting between Rep. Ron Nate, R-Rexburg, and Senate Pro Tem Brent Hill, R-Rexburg, will be made public following a public records lawsuit filed by the Post Register against Nate.
From the Idaho Falls Post Register
December 11, 2016
Idaho Secretary of State Lawerence Denney told a reporter last week that he hopes to overhaul parts of the state’s Sunshine Laws — those that promise transparency in government — when the Legislature reconvenes next month.
Editorial from the Twin Falls Times-News
- IDOG open government seminars draw crowds in Pocatello, Idaho Falls
- Open government seminars set in Pocatello, Idaho Falls
- School district gave secret $94K payout to administrator
- Dietrich School District attorney seeks to seal court documents
- State Ed Board to re-do hastily called meeting in the interest of ‘transparency and openness’
- Public officials must answer reporters’ questions