January 21, 2015
Idaho lawmakers have introduced a bill that would formally expand the secrecy surrounding executions.
The Senate Judiciary and Rules committee agreed Wednesday to move forward the legislation from the Idaho Department of Correction. The bill would incorporate existing department policy on confidential execution records into state law, and broaden that language to include records involving the source of lethal medications used for executions.
From the Associated Press
January 19, 2015
Idaho’s public records laws are an unenforceable mess. And local governments apparently want to keep it that way.
Editorial from the Twin Falls Times-News
January 17, 2015
Marc Eberlein is bringing transparency to the highest offices of county government.
From the Coeur d’Alene Press
- Committee dials back public records review proposal
- Idaho cities, counties wary of proposed public-records review process
- Trio of takeaways from workshop
- Workshops cover Idaho open government laws
- Sandpoint bars the public from rail issues meeting
- Learning the law: Workshop provides insight to open meetings, public records