January 10, 2017
Portions of a transcript from a secretly recorded meeting between Rep. Ron Nate, R-Rexburg, and Senate Pro Tem Brent Hill, R-Rexburg, will be made public following a public records lawsuit filed by the Post Register against Nate.
From the Idaho Falls Post Register
December 11, 2016
Idaho Secretary of State Lawerence Denney told a reporter last week that he hopes to overhaul parts of the state’s Sunshine Laws — those that promise transparency in government — when the Legislature reconvenes next month.
Editorial from the Twin Falls Times-News
November 30, 2016
Close to 100 people gathered at open government seminars in Pocatello and Idaho Falls in October, to learn in detail what can and can’t be done under Idaho’s Open Meeting Law and Public Records Act.
- Open government seminars set in Pocatello, Idaho Falls
- School district gave secret $94K payout to administrator
- Dietrich School District attorney seeks to seal court documents
- State Ed Board to re-do hastily called meeting in the interest of ‘transparency and openness’
- Public officials must answer reporters’ questions
- Idaho judge orders records disclosed in trade secrets case